Garden of Fuzz

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

MIA, and A Plumbing Adventure

Poor neglected little blog…. More boring than usual (insert Chrissy laugh), but here’s a quick little update until I’ve had some inspiration to share some more. Part of this awakening thing is that my mind is going a hundred miles an hour and I’ve found it difficult to sit and pay attention to this.

Work continues on the twined Von sweater, albeit at a slower pace than usual, but I’ll blame the twined knitting method. I have completed one sleeve and am nearly halfway along on the second one, with little aggravation, other than having to untwist the two yarns every round or so. The fabric produced is lovely and thick, with a softer feel to it than the regular ribbing at the cuff, perhaps from the amount of manipulation of the yarn. It is a bit stiff, my only concern, that this sweater may not be so flattering on me. This is my next job, to calculate where and how I will do the decreases and increases for the shaping.

Oh, pardon me, also aggravating is that this type of knitting is not conducive to TTC knitting, nor standing-in-line knitting, so I must also blame this for my slow progress.

I am… Still. So. Excited. …about this sweater and method. I thought I’d picked out a design for between the shoulderblades, but I now am second-guessing myself and thinking of choosing something else – though I have no clear idea on what that will be. At least I have some time to decide as I expect it will be another week or two before I am anywhere near the centre back. Now, if only I can get myself to the library and stay there (goddamn it, sit still), and do some research…

Brief report on the TTC Knitalong: I had a rawking good time, but since others have written so much about it and they did not forget their cameras, I will not elaborate too much other than to say I met some really nice people, did not finish my socks, had WAY TOO MUCH coffee, bought the yarn for my twined Von, and oh yeah, met some really nice people. Kirsten and I are looking forward to the next one, in spring I think.

And on the home front, my husband would like me to tell the world that it has finally happened….

My bad habit of removing my earrings at the bathroom sink, and leaving them on the shelf, has finally resulted in an earring plunging into the murky depths of the drain. I maintain that it was he who knocked it in, although I was the one that furthered its descent, in trying to fish it out in drunken clumsiness. It is a pull-through (anyone remember those from the first time around?), and its long straight part had caught lengthwise over the “X” of the drain two inches down. No matter how small and nimble one’s fingers are under normal circumstances, Strongbow turns those fingers into groping sausages….

Michael was less than pleased, did in fact say “I told you so”, did not do the “I told you so” dance, and asked me to go back to the place I bought them from for another pair so that he would not have to risk cracking the drain pipe while removing the trap.

As you can see, he removed the trap









With the help of Simon









And behold!
Currently there is only one pair of earrings loitering by the sink. I must remember to move them this evening.

Dull subject matter here, but subject matter at the very least.

Today's Earworm: Memorial Beach, by a-ha

1 Comments:

  • Fortunately, I don't have a vanity to sit earrings and such on, and have always been in the habit of changing jewellery at my bedroom dresser. But even that isn't always foolproof. My mother once lost a diamond ring in her bedroom, looked for days and finally claimed it on her house insurance as lost. On the very day they were moving out, she found it (about 6 years later).

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home