Garden of Fuzz

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Scrape me off the ceiling...

It's not even 10:00 a.m. and I'm so happy it's taking every inch of self-control not to (continue) running around the office squealing with delight!

Good thing #1: My friend Kirsten gave me my birthday present early: It is a bag of wool roving from Narnia II Farm in Chilliwack (she recently was in BC on vacation).

Shades of Narnia, sprinkle-dyed and the most juicy colourway, if that is an acceptable term for roving, like delicious cranberry and grape juice with lilac swirls and a speckle of sky... It is sooooo beautiful, I'll have to practice my spindling a bit more so I don't spindle this lumpy. What will I make with it? Mittens? Scarf? Handwarmers? One of the characters on Deadwood, Trixie, sports a pair that I've taken a shine to. Or trim for something larger?

Good thing #2: My SeaSilk is ready and will be shipped today!! Two skeins dyed to match the sample I sent last week. Thank you thank you thank you to the folks at Fleece Artist!! If I am lucky I will have it before
we leave for Nevada; they are shipping it Express post. I was concerned, to put it mildly, about all that knitting time on the shawl that might be lost... something like 16 hours total there and back, plus time in the car...
I won't be knitting the shawl at all once we arrive, due to the fine alkali dust that gets everywhere and is impossible to completely remove. I'll have to choose another small project, something I don't mind being ruined, something to keep the fingers busy.

Good thing #3: We have both tickets now for admittance into BRC. One from a friend and the other unfortunately for pick up at the Will Call office; I just couldn't wait any longer for things to fall into place. A shame, since I got an email with a second less expensive ticket from a local burner just hours after I bought the Will Call ticket... Folks who are selling stuff on craigslist this close to the event really ought to check their email more often that every five days... a loss for both parties concerned. *jumps off soapbox*

Good thing #4: Saturday is my sixth wedding anniversary, and we are still madly in love after being together a total of fourt
een years.
I have no idea what to get the man for his present. Something useful? Traditional, like iron (American), sugar (British) or wooden (modern)?
Dinner is in order as well, perhaps I will take him to La Palette.

EEEEEeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

At the suggestion of Kirsten:
Today's Earworm: Song 2, by Blur

2 Comments:

  • Ok, time to get the acrylic yarn sacrifice ready for the yarn goddess....she has been especially good to you! Happy 6th to you and Mike, from H and myself.

    By Blogger shyknitter, at 8:44 a.m.  

  • Oh, I am especially pleased to hear you like the roving....it took me forever to choose a colourway!

    By Blogger shyknitter, at 8:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home