Garden of Fuzz

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And we're off...like a herd of turtles

Last day before we leave, still so much to do.

My SeaSilk was waiting for me at home last night, two skeins snuggled side by side in the envelope, kind of like kittens. Same size and shape as snuggling kitten-loaves anyway.

I have packed an extra circular needle in my checked baggage, just in case airport security decides my current bamboo one is a dangerous weapon, and will be threading a small zip tie through the live stitches just in case. All of my belongings are divided into ziplock bags with a list of what each bag contains, to make life easier for the secret police, and hopefully tidier on the other end for me. What is the world coming to? Next we'll all be travelling in airline supplied paper jumpsuits and booties. Mark my words.

My pets all know something is up. Even the mice.
Simon has had several "snuggle emergencies" the past couple of days; this morning he accosted me the moment I sat down on the commode, pinning my foot to the floor with his furry body and snuggling his muzzle into my ankle.
The Cloud Mice run and line up along the front of their cage with their tiny paws up on the bars (well, three of them).
Kitt bobs up and down on his hind legs, paws against his tummy. (I can't seem to post a photo of Kitt right now...)
Rosebud sits in her mushroom loft and pops her head out, then extends a paw to draw my attention, or just mills around and leaps occassionally up to rattle her door. When she comes out, she grooms my hand and arm madly then rests her tiny chin on my thumb.
Sufa and Freckle camp out in any luggage left open, and protest when removed.

We will miss them so much.

2 Comments:

  • Have a wonderful trip, and may the yarn goddess smile upon you as you go through U.S. security. It will be a bonfire of acrylic yarn if all goes well.

    By Blogger shyknitter, at 4:55 p.m.  

  • Oh yes, best wishes for successful travel-knitting! And have a great time at Burning Man!

    By Blogger Not An Artist, at 11:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home