Garden of Fuzz

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

In lieu of a progress bar

An update, in words, on what I am knitting. Try to imagine some pretty green progress bars.

Penguin jumper
95% complete
Crisscross shrug
70% complete (got more yarn at last, and it almost matches perfectly)
Tubey
10% complete (I frogged it back from 25% due to sizing issues)
Curly toed kids’ slippers from Weekend Knitting
10% complete (first time with turning heels…)
Ugg baby booties
5% complete

I believe this is all. As you can see, I was casting on willy-nilly on the weekend. I have been to Romni four times in five days and there is going to be more casting on before the week is up. I need something engaging to knit on the plane to San Francisco this weekend and I am not entirely sure what that is going to be. There could be another trip to Romni this week, perhaps for some bamboo yarn…

Michael is already in San Fran at a Java conference, and has invited me to join him for the long weekend to play tourist. I hear that Artfibres is a neat store, but when I tried to look at their website at work, my computer blew up shortly thereafter, and I blame some kind of evil stowaway. I suspect their website due to the immediate blowup of a colleague’s computer (also a knitter) after she viewed their site. So, if anyone has suggestions of neat yarn stores to visit in San Fran, let me know. My IT guy had stern words and I don’t want to push him. I did score a nice flat 19” monitor though and a faster computer.

I didn’t make it out to the TTC Knit-A-Long this past weekend as my mom was in town after all; I hope to get out to the one in the fall. I hear it was a blast this time and I am sorry to have missed it.

No photos of knitting this week… When I’m back I’ll post photos of knitting on safari in sunny San Fran – à la Harlot. In the meantime, here’s a photo of Rosebud, looking for attention.













Today's Earworm: Jump, by Madonna

2 Comments:

  • hi there! found you through the gta knitblogs ring. i was also considering doing the ttc knitalong but never made it out there :( just wanted to let you know that if you're looking for an easy progress bar application i posted about the one i used on my blog. it should be in the may archives. and btw, that blue and green man sweater looks AMAZING! that's one of my favourite colour combos. :)

    By Blogger übercherry, at 12:52 a.m.  

  • Thanks! I'll check it out for sure! (I think you may be the first person besides friends & family to view my blog... :D) I am going to go to the fall knitalong, come hell or high water...

    By Blogger Eden, at 1:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home